Third Grade News: August 23-25

   3rd Grade News

August 23 - 25






This Week’s Focus

Memory - Books of The Old Testament

Religion - To start the year we will be practicing how to find bible verses in the Bible and doing a little bit of Bible trivia.

Language Arts - This week's L.A. and Reading time will focus on learning our classroom procedures and expectations.  Each day I will share what procedures and expectations we discussed on Facebook.

Spelling – Our first spelling list this year is made up of words that we use a lot during third grade.  This first test (Friday) will not be a grade in the grade book.  We do our spelling tests on a website called Spelling City so this is a good practice so the students know what to expect for the future.

Handwriting – We will not be starting handwriting until next week.

Math - For these first few days we will be talking about how our math class will work.  We will practice our math centers so we know what to do next week.

Social Studies/Science - Our Social Studies and Science classes will be happening on a rotating basis.  We will start next week with a Social Studies unit.  When that is completed we will do a Science unit.  They will alternate this way all year.



WELCOME!  I am so excited for the new year.  I have done some work over the summer to try and make this school year as successful as possible.  I am working hard to make sure that I keep in communication with you as parents so that we can work as a team to help your child succeed.  If you have questions please do not hesitate to send me a message on Fastdirect, an email (mhines@centrallutheranschool.org), or send me a message on Facebook messenger.  I will try to respond within 24 hours of seeing your message.  I don’t have a lot of time to check these things during the day, so if there is something that is important for me to know right away, please call Jackie in the office so she can get me a message.

In Christ,

Mrs. Hines



Upcoming Tests

8-25 Spelling


Upcoming Events

8-30 1:00 Dismissal

9-2 Blairstown Sauerkraut Days Parade @ 10

9-4 No School

9-6 1:00 Dismissal

9-7 Open House/Meal 5-6:00, PTL Meeting 6:00-6:30


Comments